Welcome to Year 5.
Our teachers are Miss White and Mr Butler.
Our Challenge Curriculum
Here at Adelaide Primary School we deliver the 2014 National Curriculum using a 'challenge curriculum' approach.
This year we will be investigating the following questions:
- Do all animals and plants start life as an egg? (Science)
- What is so special about the USA? (Geography)
- Who was Andy Warhol? (Art)
- How different will you be when you are as old as the Queen? (Science)
- Why should gunpowder, treason and plot never be forgotten? (History)
- How can you be the next apprentice? (Design and Technology)
- Can you feel the force? (Science)
- Were the Anglo-Saxons really smashing? (History)
- Will we ever send another human to the moon? (Science)
- How can you be the next potions master at Hogwarts? (Science)
- How can we re-discover the wonders of Ancient Egypt? (History)
- Why should the rainforest be important to us all? (Geography)
- How can we make a mechanical toy for Key Stage 1? (Design and Technology)
Year 5 have PE on Tuesday and Friday.
We need a white t-shirt, black shorts and a pair of sandshoes. Earrings must be taken out for PE.
Miss White & Mr Butler will give us homework every Monday .
We need to return it before Thursday.
Year 5 Long Term Plan 2016 2017