Our year 1 teachers are Mrs Walker and Miss Edwardson.
Here at Adelaide Primary School we deliver the new 2014 National Curriculum using a 'challenge curriculum' approach.
This year we will be investigating the following questions:
- Which birds and plants will Little Red Riding Hood find on our school field?
- Where do all of the leaves go in winter?
- How have we changed since we were a baby?
- How can we design and make a moving toy?
- Where will our magic carpet take us?
- What do aliens think of life on Earth?
- Would the Beatles have won the X Factor?
- Why can't Meerkats live in the North Pole?
- How can we make swim shorts for an alien?
- How can we capture the beauty of a wild animal?
- Why are humans not like tigers?
- Where do, and when did the wheels on the bus go?
- What are the differences between the rainforest and Hull?
- How can we make a moving vehicle?
- What would our underwater world look like?
Year 1 classes have PE Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
We need a white t-shirt, black shorts and a pair of sandshoes.
We also need to take our earrings out for PE lessons.
This half term, we have had lots of fun doing gymnastics with a gymnastics coach.
Our teachers give us homework every Wednesday. Everytime we complete out homework we recieve a stamp on our chart. When we fill our chart, we win a prize!
Year 1 Long Term Plan 2016 2017